Each SelectSun inverter must be set to an inverter Slave address from 1 to 5 as appropriate.
Isolate the AC and connect the DC supply to the SelectSun inverter(s) and ensure that the DC supply (minimum 200Vdc) is present at the SelectSun inverter
When the SelectSun inverter is powered for the first time, Step through the initial stages of commissioning the inverters Country Code, Grid select, etc, until the following is displayed on the screen
- If only one SelectSun inverter is installed then the address must be set to 1.
- If more than one SelectSun inverter is installed then the address must be allocated sequentially starting from 1 (i.e. first SelectSun = 01, second SelectSun = 02, third SelectSun = 03 etc)
- Once the “Inverter Number” is selected, press the OK button to configure and return to the “RS485” menu.
- If there are multiple SelectSun inverters installed, repeat for all others.
- When all is configured, the SelectSun inverter display screen will cycle through the amount of energy currently fed automatically.
NOTE: Make sure that only DC is connected at this stage.
- Check that all the RS485 connections have been connected correctly.
Isolate the AC and connect the DC supply to the SelectSun inverter. Make sure that the DC supply is present at the SelectSun inverter and its display is on.
Using SP LINK, connect to the SP PRO. In the Data View > Now tab there should be a model number displayed for each of the installed inverters.
The communication link may be further tested using the AC Solar Link Test found in SP LINK under the Service Settings tab.
In the Service Settings tab click the Reset Counters button.
Wait 2 minutes and check that the error count remains at zero for all the connected SelectSun inverters.
NOTE: An error count of 5 or less per minute is acceptable but in this case it is good practice to check the wiring and that the termination resistors are set correctly in the SP PRO and SelectSun.